MLA Column | Life, Work & Men

Hey, everybody! Welcome to the 1st MLA post (Much Love Advice). For those who don't know, I started this column to let yall know I'm here for you like you're there for me. I want to give you someone to confide in, so let's get right into it.



hello, I'm Julia and my advice question is, I am having trouble in math, my mom is too busy to help me and dad is in the army. my teacher says I'm lazy but I'm trying as hard as I can please help

MLA- Hi Julia, I understand exactly how you feel. When I was in 9th grade like 11 years ago, I failed algebra. I tried hard too, but my mom was busy working and my sisters had their own school work to do, so I just failed, but I did better the next year. I have a few recommendations that may work for you. If there is something you're not understanding in math then talk to your teacher or another math teacher and see if they can tutor you after school. I don't know what grade you're in, but one thing that worked for me in college was forming a study group with some people in my math class. Do you have any friends who are doing well in math? Find out, I'm sure they'd love to help.

Britt, What do you do when you're confused about life??

MLA- That's a tough one, it really depends on what part of life you're confused about, so I'm going to make my answer as universal as possible. Sit down and think about your short term goals. Short term goals are goals that can be accomplished in the near future. Get those small goals accomplished and maybe that will help you see your future clearly. When you make small goals it'll help you figure out what you want your long term goals to be, then your life won't seem so foggy.

-How can I stay motivated to find another job?
sincerely, Wants more money

MLA- Well, Wants more money, there's your motivation right there! lol Does your current job suck? if so, there's another way to stay motivated. Think about what you really to do and just go for it! get excited about your dreams and make them come true. I never tell people to settle for wack jobs just because it pays good, but you hate what you do. Finding something you love to do is motivating in itself.

-Stephanie, Can you give advice on how to get over a breakup? Can you tell me how you can in different ways?

MLA- You can think about how you can take care of yourself and take action. Exercise, accomplish some goals you haven't been able to accomplish while yall were together, meet new people. occupy your mind by focusing on yourself.

-My advice question is..... I live with someone who is fairly negative at times. I am a very positive person but the negativity brings me down what should I do?
Love,
Happy and I know it, not afraid to show it

MLA- OK so, the person you live with brings you down because of their negativity right? Well my advice is to show them that their negativity is affecting you & you don't like it. if they are your husband/wife, mom/dad, or sibling, let them know and maybe they'll work on it. If they're a friend or even a boyfriend/girlfriend then you're not obligated to live with them.

-Emmitt, I sometimes have a hard time managing my time or sticking to plans. Do you have any advice for better time management?

MLA- OK what are your priorities? Think about those & get those done. Don't make plans unless you know have time. And if you wind up having more time than you thought then just go with the flow of the day. Don't stress about time so much or you'll just wind up always feeling rushed. 

-Barrington, What do you do in life when you're getting older and still not sure what your path is.
Do you have kids before a certain age even though you feel you want more toys in life?

MLA- Well the answer to the 1st part of your question is the same answer I gave Britt, check it out.
To answer your 2nd question, I think that children are a blessing whenever or however they arrive but if you're not ready for kids then don't feel obligated to have them. Even if you're 35 years old and you feel you're just not quite there yet, there's nothing wrong with that. Now if you're with someone who's ready for kids then you guys should talk and come up with a plan.

-Chastity, How do you stop fighting with men...every day all day, especially when he's off work?

MLA- If you're fighting every day all day then you both need to sit down & figure out what the root of the problem is. If you still can't get along then the relationship is toxic & should probably end.

Thank you all for your Emails and I really hope to have helped at least one person.  If you need any advice feel free to Email me at muchloveadvice@gmail.com and the next MLA post will be Friday, Feb 5th

Well, that's all I have to offer you guys today, from my personal experience to yours!

Much Love

Comments

Popular Posts