#StopTheMadness

This week something has been brought to my attention, something that's been a problem for like ever but never seems to get better. Bullying. Why do people bully people? Why do people feel the need to pick on or rudely critique someone on something they can't change? I really don't understand. Okay, i understand that we are all human & we ALL judge whether they're big judgements or minor ones we're all guilty but who are we to judge out loud?
This picture is an example of cyber bullying. i found these comments on these youtube videos earlier this week and it disgusted me. This girl made a video stating she was depressed and having suicidal thoughts. In the comments people were telling her to kill herself and calling her an attention seeking whore. In the other video is Meghan Rienks, a famous youtuber. She made a video stating she had been depressed off and on for like a year and people were calling her a joke and pretty much saying she was full of it. Even though those comments weren't as intense as the other ones they're still wrong and still disgusted me. I mean, depression is depression no matter how long you've had it, it feels horrible and you can't knock somebody for feeling depressed. I also came across something on youtube that's got all my facebook friends fired up. Yesterday i posted, "I just saw the most IGNORANT OFFENSIVE video on youtube that i won't share due to the fact that we're fb friends, no offense to her but i'm about to chime in on this. She mentioned that she feels DISABLED people are a waste of space and how they shouldn't BREED because they don't contribute to society and they should be put out of their misery.... I CAN NOT  believe that someone i know would say that, it's sad and wrong and makes me wonder what she thinks of me. FIRST OF ALL i am not a waste of space or i'm not in no way shape or form miserable and believe it or not COMMON SENSE DOES NOT FAIL TO DAWN ON ME i'm friggin smart and i contribute to society in some ways MORE THAN OTHERS"  As you probably can see, i was livid. In all my life of being disabled i have never encountered that much hatred. I think what made it worse is the fact that i knew who she was, and though she apologized i accepted her apology but i refuse to associate with her, it is just awkward now so i unfriended her. I never really had a problem with bullies growing up, up until my senior year of high school. These 2 random girls whom i didn't even know would pick on me every single time they saw me. I didn't understand why these girls hated me because for one, i didn't know them and two, i was literally was the nicest girl in school. I was always smiling and nice to everyone.  Every time these girls would see me they'd always have something to say. One girl would always say "I hate you and next time i see you i'm gonna flip your wheelchair over with you in it" and the other girl would say things like i belong in  special ed and get my retarded ass away from her. Now i've never been in special ed a day in my life so that remark hurt me. I'll admit even tho i was like 17 i cried because i had never experience that before. one of my friends knew that girl so she put a stop to that real quick but the other girl bullied me every single day for like a month or 2 i don't remember but it was a long time. I didn't tell anybody until my peers realized something was wrong because i wasn't smiling or as energetic as i usually was. All it took was for me to tell one of my classmates and i swear by the end of the day the whole school knew i was being bullied. Everybody was coming up to me asking me who i want them to beat up, i told them i don't know her but next time i see her i'll handle it. Later  i found out she was related to one of my friends so after school one day i told my friend to make her cease and desist immediately but before school ended that day, i saw the girl in the hallway and she said what she always says, but instead of me just keeping to myself i finally just told her, you know what i wish you would..... Everybody just stopped in their tracks and waited to see if she'll do it. She just walked away and after that day she never bothered me again. Relieved and feeling so great about myself and feeling so loved by my peers, i was just in a good place after that. We don't have to tolerate bullies. If you're being bullied or know someone being bullied, stand up and tell someone. Believe it or not there's people out there who care about you You can make them stop. don't put up with their BS. That's my story and i would really like to know yours........

That's all i have to offer you guys today from my personal experience to yours!

Much Love

Comments

  1. Hey Cousin. I'm Very Proud Of You For Starting This Blog. That Took A Lot Of WillPower. Your Story Can Help A Lot Of People. Nobody Deserves To Be Bullied. Stay Strong.


    -Aysha Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i hope to inspire some people :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Last year a firl at my daughter's school actually killed herself, for unclear reasons, probably severe depression. She had made a suicide story video sometime precious about another attempt. After she died kids and ADULTS posted the meanest, cruelest comments about her. Bullying after death how cruel does it get?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! that's just sick! people are cruel for no apparent reason whatsoever but it's up to us to be strong and live our lives for us and not for those people and look at bullies as haters who wish they had something we have and just continue giving them something to hate on. you get what i'm saying?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts