Adulthood: Reality Vs Expectations

When I was a kid I can remember thinking "oh I cant wait to be a teenager" then as a teenager I was thinking "oh I can't wait to be an adult all the freedom I'd have and living on my own" now as an adult I just wanna go back to being a kid where my only worry was passing 8th grade. So far my 6 years of being an adult has been a big realty check, an emotional rollercoaster, a bit of a struggle but still very interesting and fun. I never expected nor did I plan for my life to go this way. As a teenager my plan was to graduate high school, go to a community college for 2 years then transfer to a university, meet life long friends and my future husband, graduate college, start a career in communications, get married, have kids, grow old, retire and travel but so far the only thing that went according to planned is graduating high school! After graduation I ended up moving to San Antonio, Texas and starting college there but not quite liking it. Flunked a class dropped others. Honestly, I don't think I was mentally and physically prepared considering I took a year off which wasn't a part of the original plan but you know what they say, .when people plan god laughs.   I know that it's never too late to go to college but I also know you have to be ready for college. A professor once told me college isn't for everyone but I know that I want to have a better future for me and my future kids. You know how people say the struggle is real? it's because it is. I don't want to struggle so I'm going to ask Jesus to take the wheel and help guide me through my life. I'm about to make some changes so my adulthood's realty can get closer to my expectations

Well that's all I have to offer you guys today, from my personal experience to yours!

Much Love

Comments

Popular Posts