Dear 17 & 18 year olds....

This post is inspired by my friend, YouTuber, Tiffany Ferguson. She's posted videos for 12 year olds 14 year olds and 16 year olds to her Channel called dear 12 year olds, dear 14 year olds & dear 16 year olds where she gives advice so go check her out. She inspired me to do this because I know some 17 and 18 year olds who could use this so...

Dear 17 and 18 year olds, I know most of you have one thing in common and that is worrying about your future. Am I right? You're stressing about passing your SATs , whether or not you will get into the college you want to go to , or just simply worrying about your future all together. Again,  am I right?  I remember when I was 17 or 18 years old before I graduated high school.  I had a plan to go to Community College for two years and then transfer to a university. I was so stoked about doing that I was ready! Well, during my senior year my mom got news that her job had to move her four hours away from where we lived. I was so scared that I would have to change schools before I even graduated and that would suck. My mom promised me that we weren't going to move until after I graduated so I got to finish school but then my whole College plan changed because I was moving. So I moved to another city with my mom and I ended up going to Community College there for a semester... Yeah,  after that semester I didn't go back to school which stressed me out! It stressed me out because I didn't like school so I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my future so I started getting all depressed and lonely and bored, my life was literally 'meh' at this point. I was stressing so bad about my life because I felt like it was empty but then when I was going to school I still felt the same way but I came to terms that school wasn't for me. So what is a girl to do with her life at this point? Try her hardest to figure out what would make her life complete. Find her passion. I encourage you all to find something you're passionate about and sometimes that could take a long time because you will have to go through things to find out what you like and don't like so don't panic. If you don't do well in school, in a certain subject or you just don't like it it's okay, just move on to something you think you would like, it takes a while to find out what you like. Some people are lucky enough to know and stick to what they want years before they start college, but other people like me didn't know until during College and that's okay. You scared of wasting money? Don't be because in the end it'll be worth it, because you're trying to find out what you want to do for the rest of your life and what brings you Joy. Nobody wants to do a job for the rest of their lives that they don't enjoy.

So with that being said, I come to you and say do not panic. Your life is an adventure think of it like that. We only have one life, don't live it in stress.

Well, that's all I have to offer you guys from my personal experience to yours!

Much love

Comments

Popular Posts