Why I Write | Essena O'Neill Response

So recently I came across a video on YouTube of Essena O’Neill revealing why she quit social media. Essena is a model who had thousands of followers on her social media accounts, she quit social media because she believes people on there are fake. It’s not real because these people (she surrounded herself with) only got together for the “likes” and "views". Now some people believe she made this video for attention because even days after posting this video she still hadn’t deleted her social media accounts AND at the end of the video she asked for a donation to pay her rent. I just want to take the time to share my feelings on this situation.

First and far most I applaud her for quitting social media if that was what’s good for her. If social media did that to her than she was way too wrapped up into the bad parts of it.  Seems to me her life revolved around social media from what she said on her video. Maybe she wasn’t using it right. I write. I love to write actually. I love giving people someone to relate to and having people relate to me! Sharing my stories help people and when you guys tell me I’ve inspired you in some way it inspires me. I love putting positive out and getting positive feedback. Essena also talks about how numbers run us when it comes to social media, like we feel like we’re the shit based on how many likes or views we get. For me i don't get a lot of likes on my ig pics or retweets on twitter anyways, when i do it feels nice like "oh they like what i posted that's dope" but when it comes to my blog it’s not like that. When I see that after posting a new blog post my views going up damn right I feel amazing! But not for the reasons she thinks. I feel great knowing that my story is being read and that I could possibly be impacting someone’s life in a positive meaningful way. ME! An insignificant dot in this big giant world. A world in which I am 1 of 7.3 BILLION people! It is amazing to me that 1 person (little old me) is able to reach thousands of people! Honestly, I wouldn’t be able to do what I love if it wasn’t for social media. Nobody reads the newspaper!  I want to positively impact the world and social media has been a great help and I am forever grateful for it. I’ve met some of the most amazing people online and I can’t wait to meet more.i was in an online magazine made by another person just trying to do what she loves and shes succeeding with over a million people watching her! That's amazing! I love you guys so so much for taking the time to read my blogs you mean absolutely the world to me, you guys are my lovelys! Soon not only will you be reading but hopefully you’ll be watching because I’m going to do YouTube videos! I edit my sisters YouTube videos and manage her channel and sometimes edit my best friends videos so I figured its about time I do my own. I am so excited and can’t wait to be closer to you lovelys in a more personal way. I hope that this post helped sweeten the sour taste Essena left in some mouths about social media. my advice to you all, use the internet WISELY and don’t be afraid to be who you are in real life online!

Well that’s all I have to offer you offer you guys today, from my personal experience to yours!

Much Love

Comments

  1. I just read your whole post,its quite motivating for me because on the whole i learned something, something that i have been waiting to know about. I am grateful to you for making me aware of some facts.

    Keep Learning :-)
    Keep Sharing :-)

    Thanks & Regards
    Rohit Sood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome, Thank you for reading :) i hope you read more of my blogs

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts